The Straw Hat ‘Summer Holiday Giveaway’ Promotion Terms & Conditions
1. 18+ GB only.GB bank account and internet access required.
Opens 00:00 GMT 1st October 2023 – 23.59 GMT 31st March 2024.
Full terms and conditions: www.thestrawhat.co.uk.
2. 16 prizes available via prize draw.
1 x Lastminute.com voucher for a holiday worth £2,500, 5 x Lastminute.com vouchers worth £100 each and 10 x cases (6 x 75cl) of The Straw Hat (10 winners, 1 case each).
3. To enter, visit https://thestrawhat.co.uk/summer-holiday-2024 and enter your full name, date of birth, home address and valid email address.
Max one entry per email address per day.
The Straw Hat ‘Summer Holiday Giveaway Promotion’
Full Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
2. The Promoter: Continental Wine & Food Ltd, Trafalgar Mills, Leeds Road, HUDDERSFIELD, West Yorkshire, HD2 1YY, England. All communication regarding this promotion should be forwarded in writing to The Marketing Team, Continental Wine & Food Ltd, Trafalgar Mills, Leeds Road, HUDDERSFIELD, West Yorkshire, HD2 1YY, England.
3. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the promotion at any time.
4. The promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain aged 18 and over and excludes employees of the Promoter, associated agencies or anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
5. Purchase is not necessary. Internet access required.
6. Main promotional period opens 00:00 1st October 2023 – 23.59 31st March 2024. Any entries received outside of this period will not be entered into the promotion. No liability is accepted for late entries.
7. There are a total of 16 prizes available to be won via prize draw. 1 x voucher for a holiday worth £2,500, 5 x holiday vouchers worth £100 each and 10 x cases (6 x 75cl) of The Straw Hat (10 winner, 1 case each). All holiday voucher prizes will be in the form of a lastminute.com voucher code sent to the winner’s email address provided on entry.
8. To Enter: Visit https://thestrawhat.co.uk/summer-holiday-2024 and fill out the online form with your full name as stated on your bank account, date of birth, full postal address and valid email address. All fields on the online entry form must be completed to submit the entry.
9. Maximum of one entry per email address per day will be entered.
10. The main draw will take place on 5th April 2024.
11. Winners will be selected via a randomised computer process from all eligible entries. Winners will be notified via the email address provided on entry within 14 days of the main draw date that they have won one of the sixteen prizes. The headline prize winner will be drawn first followed by secondary and tertiary prize winners. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time in case they are a winner. The main draw winner will have 14 days to respond to the win notification email to confirm their age, name and address details.
12. In the event of failure from the winners to claim their prize within 14 days of win notification or the winner is ineligible or rejects their prize, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw prize entitlement. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to be awarded the prizes.
13. For winners of the 10 x cases of The Straw Hat, the Promoter will dispatch prizes via a selected courier service to arrive within 28 days of win notification and the completion of any verification process, if necessary. Prizes will be dispatched to the postal address provided upon entry only and will require a signature upon delivery.
14. The Promoter and/or any appointed agent reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants including but not limited to asking for proof of age and ID (passport, driving licence or equivalent).
15. No responsibility can be accepted for entries incomplete, illegible, incorrectly completed or not received for whatever reason. Neither the Promoter nor any appointed agent will accept responsibility for any technical or other error that might arise whilst submitting any entry unless the error is as a result of Promoter action. Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
17. All prize communications will be dealt with via email and should a provided email address be invalid, this will nullify and void that entry and prize.
18. Should winners choose to share their winning entry news on their public social media account via the promotion site’s link to social media platforms thus tagging The Straw Hat brand into their post, Continental Wine & Food Ltd. reserve the right to re-share these winner’s posts through all and any of the The Straw Hat social media channels.
19. The personal details you provide will be kept confidential and will only be accessible to staff and partners of Continental Wine & Food Ltd for the purpose of administering the promotion. All data will be processed and stored in a secure manner and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018. Your personal data will never be shared with third parties without your explicit consent. We will retain your data only for the duration necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. You have the right to request access to, modification of, or deletion of your personal data at any time.
20. The Promoter will make available the prize winner’s surname and county of residence to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s surname and county of residence by sending a correctly stamped Self-Addressed Envelope to The Straw Hat, Continental Wine & Food Ltd, Trafalgar Mills, Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1YY.
21. The Promoter will seek permission before utilising the winner’s details unless in accordance with clause 20. Winners may be invited to participate in any publicity arising in connection with this promotion.
22. The Prizes are non-transferable. In the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value or to amend the prize if necessary.
23. The Promoter will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond their control.
24. The cases of The Straw Hat prizes will only be dispatched to an address within Great Britain and will only be sent once. These prizes will be dispatched to the postal address provided upon entry only. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date these are purchased and will not be reissued. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they use the vouchers before the expiry date provided. Further details can be found on the Lastminute.com website under their FAQs and Terms and Conditions section.
25. In the event of any dispute regarding the promotion, the decision of the Promoter and/or any appointed agent is final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. The Promoter and/or any appointed agent reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the promotion, the Promoter in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected.
26. By entering this promotion, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening.
28. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Entries by macros or other automated mean (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent the condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
29. If for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
30. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
31. Additional T&C’s apply to Lastminute.com voucher usage, please refer to the Lastminute.com website for further details.
32. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
33. The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
34. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
35. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
36. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and is an official funder to the drinkaware trust. Please visit www.drinkaware.co.uk for further information regarding the facts about alcohol.